About Us

Where We Came From

Three generations of Real Estate expertise since 1957.

In 1957, Jarred Barron, along with Charles T. Kirk and Rudy Martin, founded a homebuilding company called J. Barron Co.,
to develop subdivisions and build small homes for first-time buyers within a 50 mile radius of Owensboro, Ky.

In 1973 William G. Barron (Bill), joined the company and its name changed to Barron Homes, Inc. Over the next several years, two more of Jarred’s children and their spouses would join the company in some capacity – Mike and Dickey Sopchak, and Malcolm and Sally Bryant. During this time, Barron Homes, Inc. began building mid-sized houses.

In October of 1977, Barron Homes began a real estate company named A. Barron Realty to manage the listing and sales of residential real estate. A. Barron Realty was managed by Bill Barron’s wife, Jo. Not long after, the company became Century 21 A. Barron Co. In 1986, Century 21 A. Barron Co. merged with another Century 21 office to form Century 21 Partners. Two years later, Jo Barron sold her interest in the company to raise her six children. Century 21 Partners remains a vibrant and successful real estate company today.

By 1985, William G. Barron and Malcolm Bryant had taken the reins of Barron Homes, Inc., and continued building quality homes at competitive prices. Barron Homes also began developing and building commercial properties.

A wholesale shift in the direction of Barron Homes came in 1991. William G. Barron wanted to work mainly with brokerage and management of property while Malcolm and Sally Bryant wanted to focus on developing and building. As a result, Malcolm and Sally formed the Malcolm Bryant Corporation, a leading developer and builder in the region today.

In 1990, when the company had completed its final home, Barron Homes had built 2,456 homes and developed neighborhoods including Owen Park, Quail Ridge, Alexandria, Carriage Park, Carriage Hills, Hilton Park, and Bayberry Hills.

In 1994, William G. Barron, as the sole owner, changed the name of the company to Wm. G. Barron Enterprises, Inc., and focused the business on commercial and industrial real estate brokerage and property management.

In 2004, Wm. G. Barron Enterprises welcomed its third generation of the Barron family when William G. Barron, II (Bo) returned to Owensboro to join the company after five years of service in the Marine Corps.

Though the names have changed and the business has evolved, its purpose has remained the same. The Barron Group continues a legacy of dedication to giving honest and faithful service to its clients to enable them to make the best and most-informed real estate decisions.